From Charlottesville, Virginia

Covering the state of Virginia, Wilson & Hajek, a personal injury law firm, is centrally located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Francis Hajek is an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney and lawyer who provides aggressive representation and personal service to his clients who have suffered injuries. Since 2007, he has been listed in Best Lawyers in America.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pedestrian Fatalities Increasing In Virginia

Virginia pedestrian accidents and fatalities are increasing. This trend mirrors the national picture. Interestingly, cities with compact cores fared much better than sprawling, less walkable places. So cities like New York and Boston are statistically safer for pedestrians than sprawling suburban communities like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake. Our firm is working with an injured pedestrian in Charlottesville and the client is lucky to be alive. As a result of being struck by a car traveling at least 35 miles per hour, the injuries were severe. Speed does make a difference in pedestrian accidents. When someone is hit by a car going 20 miles an hour, there is an 80 percent chance of survival. In contrast, when the car is going 40 miles an hour, there is only a 20 percent chance of survival. Speed also affects the likelihood of an accident happening as braking distances increase dramatically as speed increases. The bottom line is that pedestrians need to be very careful because they pay the price in such an accident. Our law firm can help after the accident, but nothing can take away the pain.

Wilson & Hajek, LLC, a personal injury law firm
Experienced Injury Trial Lawyers
Serving Virginia, including Albemarle, Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, Orange, Staunton, Waynesboro

No comments:

Post a Comment